To Our Dear Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your families well and in good health. We have all been through a lot these past few months and our hearts go out to anyone who has been impacted by COVID-19, either directly or indirectly. While many things have changed in the world, the one thing that remains constant is our commitment to you, to provide outstanding quality dentistry in the safe and comfortable environment that you and your families have gotten accustomed to for the past 20 years.
Our patients could always count on our practice to stay on top of the latest methods and technologies in providing care. And now, in addition to our usual exceptional standards of disinfection, we are implementing numerous extra techniques and measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viral infections. Rest assured that, as we always have in the past, we are going above and beyond the standard recommended OSHA and CDC guidelines for safety and disinfection at medical/dental facilities.
Although the office was closed for routine dental visits, we have been diligently working very hard behind the scenes to educate ourselves and research the most effective techniques in dealing with COVID-19. I assure you that no stone was left unturned in our efforts to identify and implement the latest sterilization and disinfection processes and safety protocols in order to ensure your safety and well-being when you visit our office, as well as the safety and well-being of our dedicated staff and their families. We have particularly focused on methods and technologies that were successfully implemented not just in the U.S., but throughout the world and have statistically and scientifically proven to be effective for many countries in combatting COVID-19.
The following is a condensed list of just some of the actions we are taking to ensure your comfort and absolute safety during your appointment. Detailed instructions and further clarifications that take into account your particular needs or unique considerations, will be provided prior to your scheduled visit.
- All members of our staff shall undergo periodic lab testing in addition to daily temperature and oxygen level saturation checks upon arrival to the office.
- Each member of our staff will complete extensive online and onsite training, and demonstrate 100% competence in being able to implement the new adapted protocols without any deviations.
- All staff will wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times to protect themselves and our patients.
- We will email you a Patient Health Questionnaire and Wellness Assessment 48-72 hours prior to your appointment and will conduct an additional wellness evaluation by phone 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Financial arrangements or any insurance related business will be addressed in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the office.
- Check ins and setting up appointments for follow up care will be done remotely; we will adhere to a “no sitting“ virtual waiting room (individual needs for essential accompaniment will be evaluated on a case by case basis).
- We will also conduct Onsite Wellness Evaluations and Oxygen Saturation and Temperature checks (both are digital and non invasive procedures).
- We will require you to wear a face cover and observe strict hand washing and hand disinfection protocols upon entering the office.
- We will conduct around the clock continuous disinfection of all common contact areas throughout the office (i.e., door handles) and extended appointment times will allow for extra disinfection of treatment rooms.
- Between procedures, all treatment rooms will be disinfected by hand as well as electro mechanically fogged with organic EPA and FDA approved safe and highly effective disinfectant that kills viruses.
- Disposable barriers will be utilized in treatment rooms wherever possible. For example: chair covers, X-ray covers, keyboard covers, intra-oral camera covers, etc.
- We have installed a Multi-Point Medical Grade Anti Viral Air Purification System as well as a special HVAC electronic filtration system with UV technology that kills viruses on contact.
- We will also control for spread and possible production of viral aerosol by utilizing FDA approved pre-procedural anti viral rinse and aerosol containing devices, such as Isolite, along with the standard high speed suctions.
Please note that at this time we are prioritizing appointments based on level of urgency. We promise to accommodate all those in need of our services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in advance.
Apologies, for the lengthy news letter, but it’s very important that you know we will do everything humanly possible to ensure that our facility is upholding the highest standard of care when it comes to your oral and overall health.
Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing your long awaited familiar faces after this Memorial Day weekend!!
Dr. Roger Lerner & Staff